This Halloween I decided to give myself a spooky manicure: nails dripping in blood. What started out as an experiment turned out to actually be awesome and relatively easy to achieve, so I thought I’d share the steps for creating these hauntingly fabulous nails.
Y O U W I L L N E E D
neutral nail polish | red nail polish | dark red nail polish | top coat | toothpick
- Paint your nails a neutral color. For mine, I used two coats of Essie Limo-scene.
- On a palette (a paper plate or a plastic cup will work) spill a quarter sized amount of red polish. With a toothpick, pick up a good amount of color and dab it onto your nail, about half way down. Carefully drag the color up to the tip of the nail. Repeat this step as you see fit.
- Drag the red nail polish across the tips of your nails, french manicure style. By no means does this have to be perfect; in fact, it should be a little messy.
- With a dark red polish, take your toothpick and create dimension in some (not all) of the blood spots, and randomly across the tips of your nails.
- Let this dry well, and then apply your top coat to seal it all in.
Tried it? Tweet us your Halloween Manicures! #nailedit
Trick or treat!